Saturday, August 1, 2009

Committed to Blogging and Natural Hair

I have not blogged in months...that's not good. Now that school is starting back, I am going to make an effort to blog at least once a week. Well, I did do the BC in April, the Tuesday after Easter. My 9 year old and I did it together. I have had a lot of mixed reactions from everyone, but I have embraced it. I basically carryon as the person that I have always been and not really focus on not having the length of hair that I used to have. I actually love my hair! My mom continuously ask if I will get my daughter's hair or my hair hot combed, I state no. She is like in shock about that, but we have accepted our hair in its natural state and love it. My boss is considering going natural and I say go for it. I hope others see me, the transition I am going through and decide to do it too. I frequently speak with others about going natural and I hear excuses such as 'I don't have the face for that' or 'I don't have good hair' or 'I need a perm'. You know what, I had those same excuses. I have learned (through this experience) that ALL hair is good, if you take care of it.
I think my daughter has been my biggest inspiration, too. She is confident in whatever she does. Her beauty runs within and I believe that is why she is so confident (with and without a perm). Well, this is my blog for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment